There has been a lot of talk about something new in the industry about “Disruptors” with a guy names Brannon Beliso, people keep asking me what is this movement all about? In this blog I will cover why am I a disruptor in our community and what it means, and here are some of the key points of why I decided as a school owner I decided to join this group. What do disruptors believe what is our main cause. why do we exist and what does a disruptor actually mean?
My goal in Las Vegas is to serve martial arts in our town at the highest level and to show that as a community we care about the people here and what we have to offer.
As a disruptor what do they believe?
We believe in the following business practices, for the most part ( At least from what I can tell)
- No contracts for our members no lenthgly, debt collecting contracts, we want our members to stay because they want to be here.
- No belt testing fees, our member should be treated with all good service and awarded with great knowledge not for just who pay for the belt.
- If you have a good service your customers/ members will be loyal to you, and that what keeps them, not contracts.
- If your members value your service and your culture they will find a way to stay in most cases.
- Offering free community events such as free parents night out, bully prevention and women self defense courses sometimes.
- That everyone is treated equally amazing, not because they pay more for an extra service they should already getting in your school.
- That symbolically, your logo, culture and the way you operate creates a voice in the community.
- We should think outside the box when serving our clients at the highest level.
What is our main cause? What is the purpose of our statement?
Our main cause in the martial arts industry is to show there are other ways of doing business with your clients, other than contracts and strict money gushing practices that might not work for everyone. We believe by treating the member and giving them the best experience possible it will keep them for life.
Who is Brannon Beliso?
Professor Brannon Beliso, is a Shaolin Kenpo Karate Martial Artist that has been a champion in the karate industry in the California bay area. The Beliso family now run a successful martial arts school of about 1000+ members of mostly traditional Kenpo Karate, the school name is called, One Martial Arts, he is a consultant that has help several school owners grow their schools, now only with the school owners individual practices but mindset as well. He has been a huge asset to my business and deserved a lot of credit to my success as well as acted almost like a father figure. His driven personality and his leadership has lead our industry into not only better changes for the world but challenges us that people are smarter now, and they have a choice to choose you or not.
For more information about the event just go to, www.brannonbeliso.com
Words from Sensei Lorenzo from Ageless Martial in Las Vegas NV.
” I am extremely grateful to have met such an amazing knowledgeable and giving man in our industry, its the vision and the atmosphere he creates that hits us at home hard. That martial arts has to be a relationship driven business, not some sales based car salesman vibe. He really gets and understand people, that is a skill worth having and it should be addressed. As a martial artist myself and someone who cares about the direction the future of Karate, we as instructors have obligation to not only pass it down, but create a culture that people will love and remember, Professor understands, that we need to work together and help the industry more main stream and use martial arts as a tool to help not only the strong but the people that can protect themselves, teach work ethic and life skills. I am grateful to have him by my side, as one of my mentors.”