Southern Highlands Fall Festival
Las Vegas Fall Events
There are certain events in Las Vegas I really like to attend. One of them is one of my favorites. Its called the Southern Highlands Fall festivals. We have been doing this for a number of years and I really not to miss it. Growing in Vegas myself and born here, Sothern Highlands didn’t really exist yet and it wasn’t until many years later this community was built in the early 2000s.
Things to do in Las Vegas this weekend
Fall festival in Southern Highlands is just a number of things to do in Vegas during the weekends. Though it is only once a year its still one of my favorite events. Yes sometimes it can be nothing but advertising debacle. There are many things to do in Vegas with your family at parks and family events so you and your family have fun. At the dojo we also host birthday parties and community events at Ageless Martial Arts.
Martial Arts Near Las Vegas
If you are looking for an activity for your child and a positive atmosphere we are always willing to help students help be better through the life skills through martial arts. As a karate school we are always trying to improve our classes and curriculum and make our classes better as the years go by. We are also doing events to help make our culture better and create a good environment for families.
At the Sothern Highlands Fall festival we have done so cool things from karate demos shows to birthday contest that really get people excited. People also go crazy when we give out free cotton candy. The fall festival can be alot of fun and for families that want to have fun before their Halloween its a great way to get involved in the Vegas community.
The Activities at the Fall Festivals
Because there are different vendors every year this event, its really hard to tell what they will do. From what I have seen over the years, I’ve seen shows, demos, and games all through the park. Its usually held at the Goett Family Park Near Las Vegas NV. Usually between October late right before Halloween. here are some I’ve seen over the years on a list at the Southern Highlands Fall festival event.
- Kids Games
- Jumpy Houses
- Rock Climbing
- Budgy Jump Ride
- Cotton Candy
- Food and Snacks
- Contest with Prizes
- Karate Board Breaking
- Event Gifts
- Family Friendly Activities
- Face Painting
The events can be random though and every event can change from year to year and it all depends what vendors will sign up and participate at this event. But I’ll admit I really wish I had this as a kid. Normally each tent at this event has a different activity even face painting.
Our Martial Arts Students
Its really fun to watch my kids have fun at this event every year and watch them get happy every time they see this event. I remember we did an demo and I had them preform Kata at this event. Most of the time a lot of martial arts school use very advanced flashy techniques but I actually prefer showcasing our beginners so people are not as a intimidated and its more relatable to people who are just starting out. This isn’t to say I don’t use my black belts for flash techniques. But tis nice to show some beginner kids that are just having fun.
AMA Tries to Make out Booth Fun
At the end of the day its only a few hours at these fall festivals so we always try to make our booth fun. I cam from a very strict karate background and I always wish sometimes my Sensei at the time did events like this and got more involved in the community. SO i always wanted to eventually as I became a school owner be more part Vegas community. As time passed I wanted to have a booth that people with be drawn too and have fun whether they sign up for class or not I wanted to create a booth that people will remember for life. There I saying I have heard over the years.
” I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
– Maya Angelou
As the years go by I am made plenty of mistakes in my business, maybe too many to count. I also opened up my martial arts school at the age of 22 years old and even with that came challenges throughout the years of running my businesses. There are things I have done where I wish I could have done better, taught better classes or make better events for my students and members as well as families.
But with that said, I am always trying to change how people feel so they have a good experience with me and our school.
Karate Las Vegas
I really have a passion for karate and its something I have always wanted to do. At times it can get tedious and become a lot of work but I enjoy the work I do and doing the events around the Valley can be a lot of fun. When I am not teaching or doing events for my martial arts school, I’m usually doing photography or landscape photography as a side business on my free time around the world.
Fall events and community events can be also a great ay to get new student but its not always my focus. I am learning to learn how to retain our students and keep them happy. Which I am trying to figure out. But it can be very tasking at times because I am always the one teaching the classes and since COVID its been hard to have a team to help me grow and become better.
Fall Events In Las Vegas
Since there are so many here is the list I recommend for your family to go to and attend.
Here are some fall events for families in Las Vegas, NV:
- Las Vegas Harvest Festival – This annual festival takes place in late October and features pumpkin patches, hayrides, carnival rides, live music, food vendors, and more.
- Springs Preserve Haunted Harvest – This family-friendly event features a haunted maze, trick-or-treat stations, live entertainment, carnival games, a petting zoo, and more.
- Oktoberfest – Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas hosts an Oktoberfest celebration every year that includes traditional Bavarian food, live music, and of course, plenty of beer.
- Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend – This four-day event celebrates all things vintage, with classic car shows, burlesque performances, live music, and more.
- Halloween Town Pumpkin Patch – Located just outside of Las Vegas in nearby Henderson, this pumpkin patch offers hayrides, a corn maze, bounce houses, and a haunted house.
- Las Vegas Greek Food Festival – This annual festival takes place in early October and features traditional Greek food, live music, dancing, and more.
- Day of the Dead Festival – The Winchester Cultural Center hosts an annual Day of the Dead Festival in late October, featuring live music, traditional Mexican food, and art exhibits.
- Las Vegas Bikefest – This annual event brings together motorcycle enthusiasts from all over the country for a weekend of motorcycle shows, live entertainment, and more.
- Southern Highlands Fall Festival– This fall festival is held every year at Goett Park it has family games and activates just for kids.
- Age of Chivalry– Usually held at Sunset Park near and across the dojo its a great place to take your kids for Mid Evil activities and events.
These are just a few of the many fall events that Las Vegas has to offer for families. Be sure to check local event calendars for more information and updates on dates and times.
If your looking for Martial Arts Classes in Las Vegas, check us out and try a free class. We hope to see you around the community soon!